CORONAVIRUS - Information and Help
7th September 2020
Papyrus: Parents' Guide To Keep Kids Suicide-Free
Papyrus – a national suicide prevention charity has launched a new guide to help desperate parents who fear for their children’s lives, the new guide offers practical and professional advice to help break the silence around self-harm and suicide and encourage fearful parents to talk to their children before it is too late. The guide, Supporting Your Child - Self-Harm and Suicide, has been endorsed by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine.
Tips and Rescources for Parents Carers - including talking about the Coronavirus.
Thursday 23rd April
Advice for Parents If Your Child Is Unwell During Coronavirus.
Whilst coronavirus is infectious to children it is rarely serious. If your child is unwell it is likely to be a non-coronavirus illness, rather than coronavirus itself. If you have any questions, concerns, please click on file below.
Wednesday 22nd April
Information about keeping your child safe online whilst at home. Click on file below for worksheet.
Monday 20th April 2020
Please click file below for information and helpful links to agencies who will help you through any issues surrounding bereavement and loss.
CAMHS - Help and Information for Young People, Carers and Professionals to support mental health and well-being.
KOOTH - Online confidential mental health counselling for young people.
SALFORD THRIVE - Information including Dads Matter and LGBTQ + Young People.
17th March 2020
Message sent on behalf of: Geoff Catterall - Head of Service - SEN and Complex Needs
For the attention of: Primary Headteachers / Secondary Headteachers
Subject: Salford Contacts for SEND health queries during the COVID 19 Pandemic
Salford Contacts for SEND health queries during the COVID 19 Pandemic
The numbers below are available Monday – Friday during office hours and are for quick and easy access to health professionals where there are urgent queries about a child or young person with special educational needs.
For general health queries:
For Medical queries
For Therapy queries
Speech &Language Therapy
Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy
For Mental Health queries
CAMHS is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm and can be contacted on the following telephone numbers:
Covid19 Advice for Parents when a Child is Unwell or Injured (see below)
Kooth Online Counselling Flyer - Online Mental Health Platform for Young People (see below)
Greater Manchester health and care providers and the voluntary sector are stepping up support for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism during the COVID-19 crisis. Please see more information by clicking the link below :-
Coronavirus - Mental Health and Wellbeing for all.
Please click on the file below which includes resources and information for Parents/Carers and Children around Mental Health and Wellbeing during the Coronavirus Outbreak. March 2020
- The Launch Project: Doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 3192
- Salford Assist: People in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles: Offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154/ 07544371341
- The Tatton: Ordsall Café. Hold the bread and butter project. Family Shopping from £7 0161 872 6011
- Go Local Whit Lane: Offering basic living packages to the elderly of Whit Lane and surrounding area. A bottle of milk, bread, toilet roll and a bottle of water. Delivered for free. 07494522674
- Iceland Salford Precinct: Open for over 65’s 9-11 on a Wednesday
- If you are down to £4 on your gas and electric pay and go. You can phone your provider and ask for a fuel voucher. You can do this twice a year and don’t have to pay it back. £40 credit will be given to you.
- If you can’t get baby formula, if you ring your local pharmacy they should be able to order you some.
Or if you look on the back of the baby formula tin some have helpline numbers and they should be able to deliver some to you. ) (I have read this one may not be true but trying isnt going to harm anyone)